Oh hello there 2017! You snuck up on me so fast! 🙂 I’m back from Cabo and had the best time ringing in the new year with my family! I can’t wait to write my review of the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar on the blog soon. But today, I wanted to share some of my personal goals and resolutions, as well as some changes that are happening on DWTO!
2016 was a pretty crazy year. I’m especially grateful for the growth of this blog and for the initiative put forth to be consistent with it! But I’ll admit that at times I stretched myself pretty thin. That being said, in 2017 I will be reducing my blog posts from 4 times a week to twice a week (Mondays and Wednesdays). I realize today is a Tuesday but I was traveling yesterday 😉 The main reason for cutting back is due to my New Year’s Resolution #1.. so let’s hop to it!
- Take the GMAT. Let’s just say I’ve been putting this one off for long enough.. and for Christmas this year, I asked my parents if they would pay for it for me as my gift. I knew this would motivate me to study, to take a prep class, and to get it done!!! Pursuing a marketing MBA was one of the main reasons I started this blog in the first place. Luckily, the GMAT exam scores are good for up to 5 years, so I can apply to grad school whenever I like! But getting the test out of the way will be the biggest hurdle for me considering I haven’t taken a math or English class since 2010. I’ll start GMAT prep courses very soon.. so this girl is gonna be studying away! Which is one of the reasons why I need to be more intentional with my blog posts and post fewer times a week. I’m hoping to take the exam before my summer Euro trip.. please hold me to this!!! Haha!
- Get back on that fitness game. I find it really offensive that some people put others down for adding fitness to their resolutions. I personally don’t find it cliché at all. Fitness is a journey, many of us lose our way over the year(s), and turning a new page is always a good way to get back on track. Therefore, I’m on Lync Cycling‘s 2017 unlimited plan for January with my mom! What’s on your fitness routine this year?? I also want to do Pilates and Yoga at least once a week!
- Whole 30. Also not cliché you guys 😉 . Whole 30 is the best diet to recharge your immune system, and it’s really good for your skin! My sisters have been on a strict version of Whole 30 for a while now and they look and feel amazing.
- Travel to a couple new places! I travel to a new country or city every year, so I’m holding myself accountable this year to do the same! 2016 was my first time to visit: Puerto Plata, Louisville, Santorini, Epernay, Barcelona, Rancho Cucamonga, Lake Arrowhead, Chicago, and Cabo! This year on my radar I have Playa del Carmen, Switzerland, Charlotte, and several more.
- Read more. Studies show that staying on your phone before bed is actually really bad for your REM sleep patterns. I have relatively normal sleep.. but I definitely could put the phone down and be more productive before bed! Right now I’m reading “Nice Girls Still Don’t Get the Corner Office” and next I’m reading “Girl Boss” and “Resisting Happiness”!
- Take a compost class. The city of Plano offers a free “Master Composter” Training. It involves 16 hours worth of class in addition to 20 hours worth of community service. It’s become increasingly important to me to take part in saving the environment, so I think this will help. This activity isn’t usually my cup of tea haha, but a new year is time to expand your horizons and try new things!
- Pray more. Taking steps in my faith and being a better person will help mind, body and soul ♥ A good time to pray would be right before bed, after my reading 🙂
- Write more letters. I have friends that will write me sweet cards.. and I’m SOO bad about writing back! Am I the worst friend ever?! I even bought cute stationary and everything.. I just always forget! Keeping up with long distance friendships in this day and age has been made easier by technology.. but sending some snail mail always puts a smile on someone’s face!
- Meet more bloggers. I don’t consider myself a shy person.. but for some reason meeting other fashion bloggers REALLY intimidates me. I’m not sure why, considering I’ve met a handful of them already at a Lululemon event and they’re all down to earth and super nice! I RSVPed for a brunch this coming Saturday with a bunch of other Dallas bloggers and I can’t wait to meet them because I’ve been following some of them for a really long time! We always cheer each other on virtually, so it will be nice to get to know them in person.
- Attend NYFW. This one MIGHT be a bit of a stretch to achieve by fall.. but it’s something I’d love to do and why not reach for the stars right?!
What are some of your personal goals for 2017? I’m virtually cheers-ing to your success, health, and happiness this year!
Photos: Ashley Kay Photography
Rust Tasseled Poncho- Forever 21; Black Blouse- Nordstrom; Boots- Aldo (similar here, here and here); Jeans- Nordstrom; Sunglasses- Vera Wang (1st month free with code DWTOFREE); Earrings- Kendra Scott; Watch- Michael Kors; Lipstick- YSL Smoking Plum